Finance

Bonner Barnes

Rude and arrogant. Not recommended

I have worked with many people in my 26-year career but I have never seen such an arrogant specimen like Bonner Barnes. That guy is a narcissist. He doesn’t know how to respect his clients and lacks any respect for them whatsoever.

During a meeting, Bonner kept looking at his phone all the time and whenever I asked him a question, gave me a very lousy and vague answer. I can’t explain here how irritating it was to talk to a guy like that.

He would get calls during a meeting and would stick to the phone for a lot of time. I have talked to such professionals, lawyers, doctors and so on. None of those guys ever pick up a phone call during a meeting. That’s a disrespectful gesture and shows unprofessional conduct. But Bonner doesn’t care.

I’m quite certain that he had lost his edge. On another occasion, Bonner sent a subordinate at his place to meet with me. I had requested a meeting with him but he didn’t have the time, I guess. But even then, he could have informed me that he couldn’t make it and will send someone else instead. It felt a little humiliating that he can’t even call his client to inform him. After that meeting, he did the same thing even when I had requested, especially to meet with him. When I asked his subordinate why Bonner didn’t come to the meeting himself, she didn’t have an answer. She claimed that Bonner got an emergency and he would’ve come if it was possible.

This is the kind of nonsense Bonner does every time. His team is great and his staff has some exceptional people but when you’re paying thousands of dollars in fees, you want the best. Bonner Barnes, is certainly not the best. I believe he has built his positive reputation through lies and deceit because it seems hardly possible for a narcissist like him to be a top-rated advisor. I fell for his fake reputation and hired him. If anyone had alerted me about his scams, I wouldn’t have wasted my money on that guy.

Who is Bonner Barnes?

I should clarify who Bonner Barnes is. According to the bio on his website, he is the co-founder of CORDA Investment Management and has been working in the finance sector for more than 35 years. Bonner has AIF certification and claims to be a client-focused person. The last claim is definitely a lie. He can’t even shut off his phone during a client meeting, then how can he be a “client-focused” guy?

Bonner doesn’t pay attention to anything you say in a meeting. Once he gets busy with his phone calls, nothing can stop him. In every meeting, he would waste my time due to this thing. He would get a phone call from someone and then waste my time talking to that person. There are some basic manners and etiquettes every person learns but I guess Bonner didn’t learn anything of that sort.

Why Bonner Barnes isn’t worth Hiring

If you’re looking to waste your time and pay thousands of dollars for it, be my guest and hire Bonner Barnes. Otherwise, I don’t see any reason why anyone would prefer hiring him.  The fact that Bonner doesn’t respect his clients’ time should be sufficient.

No one has the time to deal with constant nonsense. But Bonner doesn’t know any of that. He wastes your time and expects you to sit there like a duck when he’s on a call. I complained about this tendency multiple times but he always ignored my complaint. I got rid of his services just a few weeks ago when he wasted an hour of my time! Usually he would take 15-20 minutes but this time, he crossed the limit.

Prior to that time-wasting meeting, Bonner had sent his subordinate at his place. I have already mentioned those incidents before. Such behaviour is normal with Bonner. That’s why I don’t think he is worth the fees he charges.

I had hired Bonner because I thought he would be a good guy. But I was wrong. I don’t think anyone else should have to waste their thousands of dollars to find out this fact.

2.9 Total Score
Not Worth it

Bonner Barnes wastes everybody's time and doesn't appreciate his customers. Don't buy into that nonsense!!

3.8Expert Score
2User's score
Experience
CONS
  • Wastes time
  • Lacks respect for customers
  • Lazy
Add your review  |  Read reviews and comments
1 Comment
  1. 1
    Experience

CORDA is horrible. The advisors of this place always come late to meetings and never listen to the client!

I got rid of their services recently after getting tired of this ****. The advisor I had made me wait for an hour once! I had heard a lot of great things about these people, but now I know those all were rumours. Their advisors know nothing about client service or professionalism. CORDA is not worth hiring.

Helpful(0) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this