Finance

Cornerstone Wealth Strategies

Matt Riesenweber Doesn’t Respect his Clients – Uses Harsh Tone and Avoids any Questions

Do anything except hiring Cornerstone Wealth Strategies. It’s a financial planner firm in Kennewick, Washington and has some of the worst and indecent professionals of the area.

My financial advisor, Matt Riesenweber, would never listen to anything I say and always use demeaning terms in a meeting. He talks in a rude manner and acts as a know-all. Instead of asking me what I wanted to achieve financially, he would tell me what I should think of. Matt is a micro-manager and treats his clients like he would treat an intern at his company. On top of all that, his team members don’t do anything about this problem too. Why would they? Matt is their boss, after all.

Apart from that, Matt and his advisors don’t prepare plans for their customers. I asked them multiple times to give me a written plan but they never did for a whole year!

When I hired Cornerstone Wealth Strategies and What Happened After that:

I had contacted Cornerstone Wealth Strategies through calling them on their number (509) 396-0588 and at that time, I had a good conversation with their representative. Their client service specialists do an okay job, but their wealth advisors are horrible, just horrible. I used to talk to Matt and he was my wealth advisor for a whole year! During that entire duration, I never even heard of a ‘financial plan’ from him or anyone from that company. They were providing me with investment planning services but they never provided me with any written plans whatsoever

Nevertheless, Matt would always make sure that you knew who you were talking to. He would remind you that he is a sought-after professional and his time is valuable. In his books, the client knows nothing.

I had asked Matt to develop an investment plan and give me some suggestions. He gave me several suggestions but never explained what their role was in the plan. According to Matt, I should have simply followed his advice and done what he was telling me to do because he knows everything.

Whenever I questioned any suggestion or decision, Matt would cut that meeting short and start claiming that I should think more about his suggestions rather than “come up with excuses”.

This is a regular problem with Cornerstone Wealth Strategies. Their wealth advisors are jerks who act as know-alls and force their preferred investments on their clients.

I fired those people after I realized they only cared about their fees and commission. In the whole year, they never prepared a plan even when I requested them for one multiple times. Either their financial advisors are lazy or they don’t value financial planning. The only reason why I even stayed with them for so long was because of their client service professionals. But those client service associates aren’t the reason why I hired Cornerstone Wealth Strategies. I had hired these people for their investment planning services, which they failed to deliver.

I spent a fortune in fees and commissions. Still, they didn’t improve their services even for a bit. I always requested Matt to get me a plan and tell me why he thought his recommendations aligned with my financial goals. But Matt would always take my questions as a question on his competence and answer in a rude manner. He would never tell me why he recommended me something but he would remind me why he is a great advisor.

I don’t think Matt Riesenweber knows much about client service. And that’s the sole reason why I don’t recommend Cornerstone Wealth Strategies to anyone.

Conclusion

You can find many financial planners in Kennewick. So don’t risk your money by investing with these jerks. I had hired Cornerstone Wealth Strategies because I only read praises about them. There is not a single review that covers Matt’s services or behaviour. I don’t know the reason why no one has ever shared such an important detail but nevertheless, you shouldn’t bother risking your money with them.

I didn’t get any returns from the investments Matt had recommended me last year. And I don’t plan on staying with those investments further. The fact Matt never told me why those investments are good for me bothers me a lot. I’m pretty sure he keeps many clients in the dark.

Don’t take the risk! Go someplace else.

3.8 Total Score
Avoid!

The advisors at Cornerstone Wealth Strategies talk rudely to their clients, and keep them in the dark. They don’t care about client service at all.

Trust
Support
Reputation
5.0
Experience
CONS
  • Terrible behaviour
  • No sense of manners in advisors
  • Give vague responses to questions and queries
  • Fail in communicating with the client
Add your review
We will be happy to hear your thoughts