Academy Sports and Outdoors - Customer Service

Customer Service Handles

@Academy
Academy
Category: Sporting Goods & Bicycle Shops
Sub Category: Retail (General)

Social Customer Service Details

Have a customer service complaint? Here's the scoop on everything you need to know about how Academy Sports and Outdoors handles customer service feedback on social media.

The types of issues that people complain on social networks for Academy Sports and Outdoors are typically related to customer service interactions, management, bathrooms, and cleanliness.

The Academy Sports and Outdoors Facebook page is very active and promotional in nature. They do not have their "Message" button activated which means you cannot contact them through Facebook chat messenger.

Twitter handle which is used for Customer Service, and is active.

Google+ is very outdated and has a minimal following.

Have a suggestion regarding social media customer service for Academy Sports and Outdoors? Let us know.
3 Reviews for Academy Sports and Outdoors

Have a complaint or review about Academy Sports and Outdoors?

Complaints, reviews, and feedback submitted for Academy Sports and Outdoors

delivery, customer service, assembly (1/25/17)

I ordered a treadmill from Academy online. During the purchase, I received free shipping and all seemed well. My treadmill arrived in a timely manner however, the delivery driver wouldn't bring it up to my apartment unless I assisted him. What was going to happen had I refused to move a 150+ lb treadmill up two flights of stairs because the delivery company planned poorly. I brought this up to a customer service rep via the 800 number. The woman told me that wasn't academy's fault because they contract out delivery. After repeated attempts online and via 800 number, I found out that Academy contracts out to Ceva, who then contracted out to a local delivery place. Where's the accountability and standards? I got told, your email will be forwarded and we will look into it. Well, moving on, I open the box....it requires two people to put together. I wasn't aware of that when Academy offered Assembly assistance. So I asked about that, another $82. Since the delivery to my parking lot…  View Gripe »

Customer service (2/4/16)

I had the best experience I had in a log time. My order got screwed up. I called customer service and expected to get the run around. It was just the opposite. The young lady l delt with her name was Teryan.. This lady needs to be training others how to be great customer service people. I do a lot of online ordering and have felt with a lot of people who don't really care about you,its just a job to them. I didn't get that from Teryan. She took the time to make my order right. I may be a new customer, but being treated this well I will surely be back. Thank you again Teryann and thank you Academy sports... Steve Eklund new York mills Minnesota. 56567  View Gripe »

Pro Form Endurance 520 Elyptical lasted 6 times (12/22/15)

We purchased a $600 elliptical machine plus $150 delivery charge from the new Sienna Plantation Missouri City store. It lasted 6 times. We called customer service who were useless. They referred us to the manufacturer. Completely unacceptable from a customer that WAS (emphasis WAS) a frequent customer to your new store.  View Gripe »