IKEA - online purchse + delivery Review

Worst delivery service ever. Do not buy IKEA and expect home delivery quality as those provided by Amazon, Jet, Walmart, etc. They take 5 to 7 days to ship and the delivery company takes another 2 to 3 days to deliver. The delivery company require that you stay home for a period of 4 hours to receive the packages...additionally, in my case, IKEA failed to send 2 pieces to delivery company without any notice to me. After I noticed the missing pieces, I checked the bill of Lading and they were marked as missing by the delivery company. After almost 2 hours on the phone, IKEA recognized the mistake and said they'd ship the missing pieces through the same delivery company with 5 to 7 business days. And then I'd have to wait home again 4 hours waiting for them. Ikea online experience and delivery procedures are similar to those we had in the early year 2000. They need to make a serious investment in technology and logistics. Until then, shop somewhere else. They don't even allow to cancel

Other complaints, reviews, and feedback for IKEA

Ingatorp Extendable Table (5/3/16)

I Ordered a table which arrives with two wrong legs. After calling and complaining, they said they would expedite the legs in 5-7 business days (which I thought was absurd since it was their fault for sending the wrong legs so the least they could do was get it delivered faster). Ok, on the 8th business day, nothing! And not a word also, no email or call giving us any type is status on the delivery. I called again and guess what? They said the same thing! Would take another 5-7 business days...that is...if the parts were in stock. They couldn't even check to see if they were actually in stock, because as the customer service manager mentioned very politely (not) - they don't have access to stock information! So now what? Wait for MAYBE 5-7 more business days and hope it arrives??? This is so ridiculous, how can a company this big not be able to resolve such a basic issue and not be able to have a decent customer service department?

IKEA
15 Reviews for IKEA

Have a complaint or review about IKEA?