Stroud Auctions - Auction Reserves Review

Had 2 gold Sovereigns valued by them. One a full sovereign the other a half sovereign valuation given above 330 Pounds. A reserve was set @ £330 with an agreement being made that commission wouldn't be charged if £330 was achieved it would only be charged if a higher price was achieved. Neither item sold. I had a follow up conversation with Stuart who made the first agreement with me, who said the day was quiet and he would re-submit them in the Spring. They were sold in March @ below the agreed reserve price and when I phoned to speak to Stuart I was told that I should have read the small print. When I tried to phone again to discuss it further - he was unavailable and the woman told me I was lying when I tried to explain to her the follow up conversation I had, had with Stuart. She said the Auction House would never agree to such terms. They were rude, arrogant, aggressive and uncaring - very poor customer care.

Other complaints, reviews, and feedback for Stroud Auctions

Sadler Biscuit Barrel (12/1/16)

Stroud Auction Rooms are refusing to say what they've done with a Sadlers Biscuit Barrel, nor prove that a Japanese Jewellery box was sold with all the costume jewellery they had off this lady (when only a portion was pictured on their Auction page, without the jewellery box) Jewellery that she had no intention of selling. This jewellery box was in the pre-sale document but not on the Auction site. (The jewellery was taken at the time of valuation, 13/6/16. A kit car and NSU moped, picked up 28 June, along with china and the Vintage Sadler Biscuit Barrel (clearly marked as being auctioned separately, on a big piece of paper attached to the item with the sellers name and address on). It's now nearly 7 weeks since they 'phoned (28 November, 2016) & said they would investigate the Sadlers Biscuit Barrel, (which they had at their premises on 28 June, 2016), and despite many email's they have still not responded. This has been going on since they were emailed to confirm they this

Stroud Auctions
9 Reviews for Stroud Auctions

Have a complaint or review about Stroud Auctions?