Disappointed Patient of Dr. Sam Rizk

This review is long overdue. I had mixed emotions about writing this however after much consideration I made the decision to proceed, as my experience could help others who are contemplating this procedure with this physician

I had a consultation with Dr. Sam Rizk for an ethnic rhinoplasty in December of 2018, and my ask was to have a more contoured nose to include the bridge, nostrils and tip.  He said that he had experience doing ethnic rhinoplasty’s and as an example, asked one of his staff to model her nose. I must admit, her results were impressive. I decided to move forward, paid approximately $17k and had the surgery. I returned to the office for a post op visit after 10 days, (to early to declare success) had the cast removed and I was more than pleased with the results.

Fast forward a few weeks and my nose began to take more of its true shape. I was very happy with the bridge of my nose however the tip was still very large and my left nostril was even more asymmetric than before the surgery.  I forwarded a photo to Dr. Sam Rizk and he asked me to make an appointment. He stated, “I will make sure you heal perfectly.” As scheduled, I went in for the appt., he offered to do a revision to my left nostril, which I appreciated however he would not touch the tip as he didn’t want to remove anything, as there would be nothing to hold it up. I wasn’t at all happy about that however this was my first rhinoplasty and he is considered the expert, so I agreed.

See also  Ideal Tax Solution - An Unideal Tax Solution

After the left nostril revision was done, I went in for a visit and told him that now the left nostril passage is smaller than the other side and my left nostril was still elongated. He noticed it and offered to put permanent filler in, which he did, to help with symmetry however the filler did not work. At that point, he not only appeared to be defeated but also agitated. I proceeded to tell him how dissatisfied I was and that my job required me to be client-facing. His response was, “Maybe you can hold your head downward.”

In conclusion, my nostrils are still asymmetric, and the tip is extremely large. I have attempted to make other appointments with his office to fix this however I concluded that it was best for me to find a Dr. that is proficient in ethnic rhinoplasty. Fortunately, I have the self-confidence and makeup skills required to conceal and cope with this debacle and still carry on with my life.

See also  Kishan Parikh

The moral of this story….your credentials will always look good on paper (education, certifications, celebrity clients, etc.) however please keep in mind that you are impacting a life.  If you are not an expert in your client’s specific procedure, act with prudence and refer them to a qualified physician.

This report was posted on Gripeo by a guest and is a permanent record on this page. Gripeo has an exclusive license to this post. It may not be copied without the written permission of Gripeo. The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Gripeo, who shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies presented. The author of any post presented on this site is responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions for publication.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts