FinanceGurus

Nial Fuller

Nial Fuller is Full of Cr#p

When looking for reviews of Nial Fuller or Learn To Trade The Market, you would find many mixed opinions. Many people think he is an excellent guru while others disagree. At the time of buying Nial’s course, I also fell in the former category but after seeing how wasteful it was, I realised Nial isn’t what he claims to be.

I did some digging online after my terrible experience with Nial and LearnToTradeTheMarket, and I found a lot of interesting stuff. For starters, I found how Nial lies about the strategies he used in the Million Dollar Trading Competition. I also found how many people don’t like his course and have the same problems as I have.

There are many things wrong with how Nial claims to be a forex guru and I’ve tried to debunk many of his claims in this article.

It took me several days but I hope it’s worth it. I don’t want anyone else to waste their money on a useless course and end up in a whirlpool of useless claims.

A Brief Introduction of Nial Fuller

Nial Fuller is a popular forex guru. He runs the website www.learntotradethemarket.com where he writes articles on his forex strategies and tips. According to his bio on that website, Nial has been a forex guru since 2008 and has more than 25,000 students.

His website bio is filled with a lot of boasts and praises. What it doesn’t tell you is how Nial lies to his students and how he makes multiple fake claims about his expertise. I don’t know how many students he has, but I know he has a cult-like following.

Nial rose into popularity when he won the Million Dollar Trading Competition for forex traders. AxiTrader and FXBlue had organized that competition in 2018 and the winner got $1 million to trade with in the market.

I wouldn’t lie. His website has some useful blog posts and not everything he says is bad. But thanks to a lot of PR, he has successfully buried many reviews, causing people to think he is what he claims to be.

In reality. Nial Fuller is a liar who deceives people. His $250 course doesn’t teach you anything useful. Moreover, he claims to teach you the strategies he used to win the Million Dollar Trading Competition but he doesn’t.

His Learn to Trade The Market Course:

LearnToTradeTheMarket.com is a course by Nial Fuller

Nial sells a forex trading course in which he claims to teach you the strategies he used to win the Million Dollar Trader Competition. He claims to be ‘the authority’ on price action trading, even though I haven’t seen anyone who lauds him as such.

Nial’s LTTM course costs $250, which is a substantial amount for something that doesn’t provide much value. Many people complain about the course’s low-quality content. I have taken that course and believe me, you wouldn’t want to waste 250 bucks on that!

Most of the things Nial claims to teach exclusively in the course are already popular concepts. Thanks to his cult-like following, criticizing him anywhere leads to a barrage of negative comments and replies. That’s why many people are afraid of sharing their experiences with Nial’s course.

Most of the things Nial claims to teach you in the course are already available online for free. You can watch videos and read useful threads on forex trading to get the same value you’d get by paying $250. When I took that course, I realised that Nial only added some fancy names to several price action concepts. The forums were a little helpful but after they while, they got very repetitive.

I tried to get a refund on my LTTM course but Nial or his team never responded to my request. Obviously, I was disappointed with the quality of content present in his course.

I have found several reviews of people complaining about his course and I’ve shared them in a later section of this article.

On top of selling a useless course, Nial is also lying about his strategies. Selling an overpriced and valueless course while claiming it will teach you something useful is already a bad thing. The lying part just makes it all worse.

Nial Fuller DOESN’T Follow His Own Advice!

The main reason behind the wide popularity of Nial Fuller and LearnToTradeTheMarket.com is his success in the forex business. He was able to create a huge fan following after that win.

That competition helped him in many ways. It allowed him to pose as an authentic forex guru and monetize his brand further.

He gave interviews, got mentions on different places, and earned a lot of good PR for his win.

But I must point out, he made a lot of fake claims about how he won that competition. In this section, I’ve elaborated on his various lies so you can see why Nial isn’t that reliable.

Trading as a DAY TRADER, Not a Swing Trader:

Nial doesn’t hesitate in lying about the strategies he used in the Million Dollar Trading competition. He says that is a swing trader and that he didn’t trade many times during the competition:

Nial Fuller's lies about his methods
Nial Fuller lies about his methods

But when you take a look at the stats of the competition, you get a different picture. I’m sharing the screenshots of Nial’s FXBlue account called [email protected] All the stats that I share in this article are available at his account’s page, which I have shared in the ‘References’ section below.

Nial traded 50 times within 33 days

In the span of 33 days, Nial traded 50 times. That averages at around 1.5 trades per day. Even for a day trader, this number is quite daunting and many traders don’t perform this many trades.

His average trade length was 26 hours, which is just above a daily length.

Considering it was a competition, we can say that it’s acceptable for a day trader. However, Nial doesn’t say he is a day trader.

Following a Risky and Amateur Strategy:

I’ve already debunked Nial’s claim that he traded as a ‘swing’ trader in the competition. But that’s not all.

Surprisingly, Nial used very amateaur trading strategies in the competition and that’s something you never expect from a professional. In the competition, most of his trades either had an inverted risk/reward ratio or didn’t have any stop loss at all.

Any trade that has a higher stop loss than take profit has an inverted risk-reward ratio. Here are the first few trades of Nial:

Nial had many trades with inverted risk-reward ratios
Nial had many trades with inverted risk-reward ratios

The ones in red boxes have higher stop loss than take profits and the ones in yellow boxes don’t have a stop loss at all. This is clearly not something you’d expect a professional to do.

Having no stop loss means you have unlimited risk to lose your trade.

You’d think Nial would follow a better strategy in future trades, but no, things keep getting worse:

More risky trades from Nial Fuller
More trades Nial made in the competition

The trades I haven’t highlighted either have a balanced ratio, a positive one or are a part of a previous one.

Here are the additional trades Nial performed in the competition:

More risky trades from Nial Fuller
Almost all the trades have an inverted risk-reward ratio

You can see, all the trades in this screenshot have an inverted risk-reward ratio. After these, only a handful remain out of which only one trade had a positive risk-reward ratio. You can see these trades for yourself by going to the reference link I’ve mentioned below.

What does it all mean?

Okay, so almost every trade Nial made had an inverted risk-reward ratio or no stop loss at all. The total number of trades Nial made was 50, and when we group the same trades together the real number comes out to be 35.

Now, out of those 35 trades, 18 had inverted risk-reward ratios. Moreover, 10 out of the remaining trades had no SL or TP (or both of them).

All of these numbers indicate a poor, impulsive, and amateurish strategy. It is clearly not a strategy of a ‘swing trader’.

Banking on Luck Not on Numbers:

Nial claims that he is a professional who knows what he’s doing. On his website, he says that he applied ‘sophisticated money management’ to win the competition but the statistics paint a different picture.

High Chances of Loss

His applied strategies were rash and impulsive. They were nowhere near sophisticated and posed great risk. You might think I’m lying or making stuff up but the following screenshot will change your mind:

Nial had 53% probability of losing 100% of his funds
This is what you call poor risk-management

According to this, the probability of Nial to lose 50% of his total investment was 73%. That’s a huge number and you don’t see any real professionals taking such kinds of risks. Even his probability of losing his entire investment was higher than 50%. It stands at 53%.

All of this indicates that the chances of Nial to lose all of his investments were higher than the chances of him gaining anything. Do you think professional forex traders trade like this? No.

Low Duration of Positions:

Another proof of how abrasive and rash Nial’s strategies were, is the average duration of his trades. In the screenshot below, you can see a chart which shows the duration of his trades.

Chart showing that most of Nial's trades were within 25 hours
Notice the cluster before the arrow

I have added an arrow to indicate the 25-hour mark on the chart, around which you can notice a lot of dots. Every dot stands for a trade Nial made and their position indicates the duration he kept them. Most of the dots are around the 25-hour mark, which shows he kept a position only for around a day.

This is completely opposite of what he claims to do. I’ve already pointed out the hypocrisy in his claims and statements but I must share it here as well.

Nial says that he traded only a handful of times during the competition like a swing trader does. But this is another indication of how Nial traded like a day trader, which is totally different.

Number of Bad Days:

The indications of his rash strategies don’t end here. The following screenshot shows the number of days Nial traded where he faced a certain percentage loss. The primary highlight here is the number of days with the highest percentage of loss.

Nial had 4 days with worse than 10% loss
Another example of poor risk-management

As you can see, Nial had 4 days where his loss percentage was worse than 10. No sane forex trader uses such strategies which causes such frequent losses. 4 days with more than 10% loss means the trader could’ve lost the entire investment!

You expect such performance from a novice trader with no experience in forex but you don’t expect an “authority” figure to perform in this way.

Many people might argue that ‘Worse than 10%’ doesn’t mean anything concrete and it could just be around 11-20%. But that’s poor speculation. Here’s the extent to which Nial’s losses went:

Nial lost 42% in a day
Losing 40% in a single day shows how abrasive Nial was

On his worst day, Nial lost more than 40% of his investment. If he were following a sophisticated strategy then it wouldn’t have happened but as you can see clearly, that’s not the case here.

Normally, when you suffer a 40% loss on a single day, you don’t recover. But thanks to luck, Nial was able to recover.

Yes, I’m thanking his luck here and not his trading strategies because as I’ve already explained in this article, his strategy was trash.

All the evidence points towards a rash and novice trading strategy which is totally NOT what Nial claims to teach. Not only is his strategy different from what he claims it to be, but it’s also a horrible one.

Other People’s Opinions on Nial Fuller’s Course

I have found many negative reviews on Nial Fuller’s course and I’m sharing some of them here. Many people who criticise Nial’s course have the same problem I had, that is, Nial’s course is filled with a lot of unoriginal information. Most of what you see in that course is available for free online so the expensive price tag seems shady.

Here are some reviews of other people:

Nial Fuller Review 1
A review of Nial Fuller’s course

The above review is actually part of a thread discussing why Nial Fuller is banned on a certain website. The reviewer here didn’t like the study material and thought the paid course would be a lot different from the free content he sees everywhere. Just how I thought Nial’s free content was quite attractive, this reviewer thought the same. And we both ended up paying hundreds of bucks for a worthless course.

Here’s another complaint:

Nial Fuller Review 2 Part 1
Nial Fuller Review 2 Part 2

The person here found the course to be full of vague and nonsensical concepts. This reviewer wasn’t able to make any of the course’s strategies profitable too. Another important highlight of this review is how he clarifies Nial’s method of stealing credit.

I only saw him doing this once in a forum discussion where Nial didn’t agree with a member’s strategy but when that strategy worked, he acted as if he was the one who came up with that.

Whenever Nial’s strategies fail, he acts as if he never mentioned it or that it belonged to someone else. This is just a cheap tactic and shows how unreliable Nial is.

Unsurprisingly, Nial (or someone from his website) has reacted to this review in a very harsh tone:

Nial Fuller's response to the review

He openly claims that the negative review isn’t legit at all. Even when the reviewer is anonymous and hasn’t shared any details of his account, Nial claims that the person didn’t exist in his database. How did he check his database when there’s no info on the reviewer? Does he have any superpowers where he can see who is posting a review on his website and check it onto his database?

Because Nial didn’t have any legitimate response to that review, he straight away claimed that the reviewer is lying and is defaming him.

There are many negative reviews on Nial Fuller’s course and you’d find similar replies on them. Either someone from his website, or one of his fans would start trashing the reviewer and make various allegations on the guy. It’s almost as if every negative review on Nial is a lie!

Verdict – Don’t Trust Nial

Nial traded in the competition like a novice does. It’s surprising he won that competition even when he could’ve lost all of his investment with his poor strategies. On top of that, he lies about how he won that competition and sells a course by claiming that he would teach you the strategies he used to win that competition.

Now you know how poor his strategies were and how he lies to everyone when he says he is a swing trader.

If you found this review helpful then please share it with others. Everyone should be aware of Nial’s lies and finding out the truth behind those lies is quite difficult seeing how much PR he does.

All I’m saying is: Don’t trust Nial Fuller.

References:

https://www.fxblue.com/users/[email protected]/printable

https://www.fxblue.com/users/[email protected]/risk

3 Total Score
Liar

From his trading strategies to his course, he is lying everywhere. Don't trust Nial or his claims, you'll only regret it later.

4.6Expert Score
4.5
4.5
5.5
1.4User's score
1.4
CONS
  • Lies about his trading strategies
  • Useless content in course
  • Makes fake claims
Add your review  |  Read reviews and comments
  1. 1.1
    Experience

I took the LTTM course and believe me, it’s not worth it. There isn’t really anything new in that section of the website except the forum. The forum has some activity as people ask questions and get answers but that’s the only highlight of paying for LTTM. And that highlight isn’t even unique enough. There are many forex forums around, one doesn’t have to waste two hundred bucks on that sh*t.
    Nial doesn’t teach anything new in the LTTM course. My money went into the drain when I bought it. I’m glad there are other people who think the same way too.

+ PROS: Forum
    - CONS: No value in the course No value for money
    Helpful(3) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  2. 1
    Experience

The LTTTM course is trash. No one should waste their money on it. I bought the course a few months ago thinking it was excellent and hoping that Nial would be a great instructor. OBviously, I was wrong because Nial is selling a terrible course with a high price tag. It seems like he is trying to monetize the following he has built through that Million Dollar Win he had several years ago. If you ask someone like me, who has taken that course already, they would tell you to avoid listening to Nial Fuller. I’d say that some of his forex strategies sound good on paper, but like this review pointed out, Nial tends to say a lot of contradicting stuff. One day you’d be bullish the next day you’d be something else. He changes stances too quickly. On top of all this, there’s no refund facility with LearnToTradeTheMarket and you would end up losing the entire payment to Nial Fuller. No one should have to waste their money on this trashy course to realize how horrible it is. Follow this advice and avoid the LTTM course. I’m quite certain that some of the Nial’s fans would hate reading this review. They don’t take his course (but some claim to have taken it) and then start claiming that all the negative reviews on Nial’s LTTTM course are fake. Whenever I point out the flaws in Nial’s training and his method of trading, his fans start spamming me with hate. OP has done a daring task indeed. All in all, avoid Nial Fuller please, his course isn’t what he claims it to be.

- CONS: Toxic following Unreliable advice
    Helpful(1) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  3. I’ve been requesting Nial Fuller for a refund since April!! It’s been MONTHS! And I haven’t heard anything from Nial or his team. Learn to trade the market is a scam!!
    I sent the following email to ask for a refund-
    “Hi Nial, it’s [my name] here. I bought your course 2 weeks ago and sadly, I don’t need it anymore. It seems like the course is for beginners who are new to forex. I’m already familiar with all the topics you have discussed in this course. So can you please issue a refund?”
    After sending this email, I waited for a week. But when I heard nothing from him, I sent him another email as a reply to this one-
    “Maybe you guys didn’t get the time to check my last email. Can you please process my request?”
    Even after this email, I didn’t get a response. I waited for a month after this. It’s not like I was using the ordinary contact page of his website. I was contacting him through the Members Support Line and there still wasn’t any response to my refund request. It’s so frustrating because I’ve waited since April and I haven’t heard anything from Nial or his team. I don’t think I can share the contact email I used because it’s exclusive for members. Please Nial or anyone who works for Learn To Trade THe Market, respond to your customers. They are paying you for Pete’s sake. You shouldn’t ignore their emails like a bunch of chumps. Have a little respect for them!

4. 0.75
    Experience

Damn, I was kinda hoping Nial would be reliable but now I don’t think so. Can anyone suggest some other forex gurus?

Helpful(2) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  5. @Hassan
    Most of the gurus you see have some flaws in them. I learned to trade forex through Investopedia, The Balance, and several other YouTube channels. Those two blogs mainly helped me in understanding the meaning behind jargons and strategies. I would suggest that you watch some videos on forex, and participate in forums. Use a demo trading account first, to get an idea how it works. Still, you can’t rely on your demo trading experience completely. You will first have to trade with real money to get the true experience. Just make sure that you don’t use a whole lot at first. If Nial was really making so much money through forex trading, he wouldn’t be focusing on selling courses to fill his pockets. No, he would be too busy trading online and making money. That’s why I don’t trust the guy. And you shouldn’t too.

6. 0.5
    Experience

I agree that Nial Fullers course really sucks. He concentrates mostly on the pinbars and thats all. I have learned from different ebooks more than Nial Fuller’s course.
    I have also taken Wysetrading course which was still better than Nial Fuller’s course but I was not fully satisfied. From Wysetrading I didnt get any support which is a big negative point.
    Right now I am watching videos of FalconFX. I think they are even better than Wysetrading.
    I dont know yet much about FalconFX but the videos look promising. I will soon try the monthly membership.

7. 0.1
    Experience

Yeah Nial is a well-known scammer. I don’t think anyone who has experience in this industry takes this guy seriously, he is like a bad version of Tai Lopez.

- CONS: Well known scammer