Finance

Ryan Sprowls

Ryan fired my friend because she was black

I used to work under Ryan C Sprowls at his company (Alexandria Wealth Management Group), and I had to leave because of a series of some seriously horrendous events. Ryan is very used to racially discriminate among his employees, and it is something that his colleagues have accepted I guess. I tried to raise a voice against the blatant racist practices of Ryan, but nobody listened to me. I left my job there because of the deliberate discrimination present in that organization.

Ryan had fired my friend because of her skin color. And not only that, he said a racist comment to me too.

He lacks basic humanity. He looks down on people of other ethnic groups and is forcing this toxicity on his co-workers and subordinates in the organization. He doesn’t take any action on bigots present within Alexandria. He loves to put undue pressure on a specific group of people, the people who are not white. I can recall multiple events where I felt the rising level of hatred present in that guy.

As an errand boy, I had the bad luck of interacting with him a few times. The guy is always busy and I’m sure he doesn’t even remember me! The problems my friend went through because of the bigotry of Ryan caused me to write this whole thing. I was scared to take any action against him but I can’t remain silent all the time.

Who is the Ryan Sprowls that I’m talking about

I should give some details on who this guy is before I explain the events which led to me getting fired.

Ryan Sprowls is a significant name in the wealth management sphere. He is founding partner of the Alexandria Wealth Management Group and serves many high-profile clients.

He has the AAMS (Accredited Asset Management Specialists) and the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) certifications. Apart from these credentials, he has been working as a private wealth financial advisor for more than 20 years. Forbes had named him in its list of America’s Top Wealth Advisors and Barron’s added him twice in its list of America’s Top 1200 Financial Advisors.

If he has such credentials, then it should be no surprise for anyone to see how prominent and powerful he is. The guy serves high-net-worth families and has a team of asset managers working under him. If you’d visit his Forbes profile, you’d see that he handles more than a billion dollar’s worth of assets.

Even though Ryan is extremely successful & rich, he is filled with racist toxicity. The guy doesn’t hesitate in making racist remarks about his employees. He tries his best to avoid hiring any person of color. Because he has a rich clientele, he believes nobody can touch him.

He discriminates in his employees and is a closeted-racist. That means, he doesn’t openly make racist remarks but does everything a racist person does.

Ryan Sprowls is a BIGOT

Now that you’re a little familiar with the status and authority of Ryan, I should discuss my incident here too. So, I used to work at the Alexandria Wealth Management Group as an errand boy. It was an OK job but it demanded a lot of time and effort. I was supposed to deliver coffees to different people, hand them files, and do other similar stuff. In Ryan’s office, there is no kind of diversity whatsoever. Just this fact can easily prove how he discriminates while hiring people.

There were very few African-American people working at that office (including me). One of those employees (I”ll call her S) got into a heated argument with another employee because he had said something extremely offensive. As you might have guessed, it was a racist comment on her heritage. When she complained about it, nobody did anything. The people who were there before she worked there, blatantly ignored her! Obviously, she got mad and asked for help. She thought if someone supported her then maybe she’d have a chance to get that bigot punished. So I supported her. Things got escalated further (because the employee in-question is a close friend of Ryan’s) and she got fired.

She was fired the very same day!

I saw her sobbing in her car as she was leaving our office. I complained to Ryan about all of this (I had just completed an errand for him and he always needed me to do something). At first he thought I was just bantering, but when he realized that I was dead serious, he told me that he can’t do anything about it.

When I told him how unjust it was for her to get fired and for the real culprit to roam freely without facing any consequences. After all, it was the other guy who had made the racist remark and he wasn’t punished at all. Ryan got angry and told me to get lost. When I asked him why he wouldn’t punish that guy he only said, “he is not like you guys.” What did he mean by ‘He is not like YOU GUYS”?!

Right after he said that, he realized that he outed himself as a racist. So he started speaking gibberish and started making random excuses like “She was incompetent” and “You have no right to tell me how to do my job”. I know I’m not an esteemed financial advisor Like Ryan, but I am intelligent enough to know when a person gets fired because of his/her competence and when it’s because of some other reason, like in this case, their race.

I left my job that day and never looked back. I was afraid to do anything about this incident but I realized that if I didn’t do anything about it, then I would be in the wrong too.

My friend lost her job because of racism. All she did was object to an obscene, disrespectful, and bigoted statement of a colleague. The bigoted colleague didn’t receive any punishment but my friend, on the other hand, got fired immediately.

Ryan fosters hatred in his company and he adheres to those hateful, bigoted principles too. Just imagine the condition of a person who lose their job because of discrimination. She went into depression and is still seeing a psychiatrist because of her mental health problems. Her finances were hit severely and in such times, her struggles have only multiplied.

I try to help her out every now and then but this all wouldn’t have even happened if Ryan wasn’t a racist. I just wish her story will save someone else from the grips of this hatred.

3.6 Total Score
AN OUTED RACIST

Ryan C Sprowls discriminates against black people. He fired my friend because she didn't accept the untold racist guidelines of his workplace. We need justice! #BLM

3.5Expert Score
3.6User's score
3.5
Experience
CONS
  • Exposed racist
  • Promotes hate against black culture
  • Blatantly discriminates against black people
Add your review  |  Read reviews and comments

Tags:

1. 1.25
    Experience

That poor lady. May God give you and your friend the necessary strength to fight criminals like these. Who does Ryan think he is? Just because he’s some hotshot, doesnt mean he can be a racist!!
    He should be jailed for this heinous crime.

Helpful(4) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  2. THIS RACIST [email protected] SHOULD GET FIRED!!!!
    He cannot get away with this hostile behaviour. Oh my f***ing god, how can he do this?! Stay strong brother, contact me and let me know if I can help you in any way. Don’t let this f***er let you down. Ryan will get what he f***ing deserves!!!!
    #BLM

3. 2.35
    Experience

Don’t stress brother. We all are with you. Racism doesn’t deserve a place in anyone’s heart. I shared this post with my friends. Racists like Ryan get immunity from any backlash because they think they can do anything they want and get away with it. Thanks for sharing your experience friend. I know how hard it can be to share your story with the world. One of my friends were considering hiring Ryan as their advisor, not anymore. After reading this, he was disgusted. Your efforts are not in vain brother…

- CONS: Racist Racist Racist
    Helpful(2) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this