Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Smartwatch

The Samsung – Galaxy Watch Active2 Smartwatch claims to be water-resistant: “Water-resistant up to 50 meters per ISO standard 22810:2010. Not intended for scuba diving. Avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes, and high-velocity activities. Rinse in freshwater/dry after use in seawater or chlorinated water.”.

I purchased the watch May 2020, stood in a 3ft pool (not even swimming), unchlorinated (salt water), for 30 minutes, shook watch off (in “swim mode”). 2 days later the watch is unresponsive to touch. Sent in the product because it’s less than a year and under manufacturer warranty. I received a repair bill of $219.79 for water damage. The value of the watch BRAND new is $229.

I call support, not only am I hung up on THREE times but also blamed for water damage on a water-resistant watch that is supposed to be for swimming, under the conditions stated.

3.4 Total Score
Useless after 3 Months Samsung - Galaxy Watch Active2 Smartwatch

Useless after 3 Months Samsung - Galaxy Watch Active2 Smartwatch

3.8Expert Score
3User's score
3.3
2.3
3.5
CONS
  • Not waterproof
  • False advertising
  • False claims by Samsung!
Add your review  |  Read reviews and comments
  1. 5
    Experience

I just buy samsung watch classic 4, and used not for a week.watch become overhear after 5 minute and rebooting after. 3 weeks in service center but the sparepart doesnt ready. I used mi band and its ok for swim.Not recomended for swimming.

+ PROS: User interface good
    - CONS: Adv ready for swim. But if damaged by water they not guaranteed Bombastic advertisement for swim
  2. 3.75
    Experience

40mm Active2 BT owner here. I’ve gone swimming several times with my watch, and had no issues until the last time. Right after turning water lock off, the screen became unresponsive, and then watch was opening apps on its own. Watch is just shy of 2 years old. No other issues with the watch.
    Saw this thread, so was ready for a fight with Samsung.
    After a little bit of pushback, Samsung said they were giving a 1 time warranty extension and as long as there is no physical signs of damage (dropped, thrown, cracked etc), they said they would cover the repairs in full. Just received the e-mail saying they are repairing at no cost to me.
    Was I lucky, or is this happening enough with the watches that they are just repairing them?

+ PROS: Great battery Clear and bright screen Easy to use
    - CONS: Clearly not waterproof
  3. 4
    Experience

Saw this thread, so was ready for a fight with Samsung.

+ PROS: Great battery life Decent apps Great at auto tracking exercize
    - CONS: Clearly not waterproof
  4. 0.25
    Experience

Did you guys turn the waterlock on? It is a setting that has to be enabled.

Helpful(0) Unhelpful(1)You have already voted this
  5. Reply
    Larry Daniel Maestas
    September 2, 2021 at 6:38 pm
    0.25
    Experience

i had the same thing happen, and samsung will not stand behind the warranty. i contacted a lawyer and he said he would not touch it unless we got enough people with a case so i need to see how many people has this really happened to? if there are enough of us we can hold samsung accountable.

+ PROS: Great watch for 3 months..
    - CONS: not water proof or resistant as stated, samsung not standing behind their product is unacceptable.
  6. 0.1
    Experience

Same thing, im wearing this during shower which I have done it many times when I’m wearing my 2 old Fitbit. It suddenly malfunction and the service center said the mother board is spoiled due to water went inside.
    Call the customer service, they will just reject you.
    if you wish to have a reliable product, outside still have a lot of other choice. Better think twice.

- CONS: Wrong advertisement, not water resistance. overpriced Very bad customer service
  7. 0.25
    Experience

Agree. Not waterproof. Watch became useless after 1st swim. When sent to customer service, they took couple of months and said it is not covered under warranty…

+ PROS: None
    - CONS: - Not waterproof as mentioned - No warranty provided for water damage.
  8. Reply
    Shamatee Mitchell
    July 2, 2021 at 6:40 pm

Same! I used very lightly for swimming. Shallow end, was mainly above water holding my toddler daughter. Dried as instructed, screen went black and would no longer work. It was connected to my phone and receiving notifications, but other than that, did NOT work!

9. 1.1
    Experience

It is definetaly not waterproof and Samsung does not repair it under warranty. Also demands more money to repair it than the watch it self.
    Very disappointed!

+ PROS: Very good secreen. Tracking is not as precise as my Garmin forerunner 245, but it is good for daily use.
    - CONS: Not waterproof or even water resistant. Service says it has water damage but I did not swim or shower with it. Maybe it is damaged from sweat?
    Helpful(0) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  10. con by samsung that this is water resistant.
    they wont cover for warranty even if you return the next day after purchase.
    Conned by samsung

11. 1.1
    Experience

My active 2 was great until three freestyle strokes into my first swim with it.
    Black screen ever since. !!??

+ PROS: great when not near water
    - CONS: is supposed to be for swimming and it didn't work after a light swim in fresh water.
  12. 0.5
    Experience

Same with my case. The first time that I used it in water (splash pad) was damaged.

+ PROS:
    - CONS: Not Water Resistant even when used by Samsung instructions.
  13. 0.5
    Experience

NOT WATERPROFF. DON”T BUY. WASTE OF MONEY.

+ PROS: non
    - CONS: false advertising broke after 4 months overpriced
    Helpful(3) Unhelpful(1)You have already voted this
    • Same thing. I got rained on and the next day it shuts off about noon and never powers back on. Sent it in for repair and they tell me it’s water damage and it will be $219 and some change to repair. I had it less than 2 weeks. This sounds like it could be a class action lawsuit with everyone having the same issue.

• same thing happend to me. Swam in pool for just 2.5 months. sensors stopped picking up HR, and other biometrics. watch was fixed per warranty. picked it up the next day. Swam in pool again. then started rebooting after the first lap. took it back took 3weeks to fix. The pretty much replaced everything on the watch this time. I’m waiting to swim with it. In conclusion. This watch suck. I bought a Garmin and never broke. I was swimming everyday with the garmin and Samsung. Samsung says don’t swim for deeper than 10cm for more than 30min. or deaper than 1.5 for more than 10min. So show me a pool with a depth of 10cm. this definitely can be a class action suit. I’m very annoyed that you can’t swim for more than 30min. what a bunch of BS.