Base Camp Trading

Base Camp Trading is supposed to be an education platform for traders with courses and trading rooms so traders can learn from experts. However, it lacks any qualities of being a legitimate enterprise. Its owners claim to be experts without any proof, its products lack any value, and its trading rooms lack any activity.

In my Base Camp Trading review, I’ve discussed how these people are scamming new traders. I hope my review would help you in making a better-informed decision about this company.

Base Camp Trading website homepage
Base Camp Trading Official Website Homepage

Wanna-be Masterminds of Base Camp Trading

Base Camp Trading is a sheer example of ‘never judge a book by its cover’. The team behind this scam looks great on paper, which helps them in trapping more people in their sleazy schemes.

Base Camp Trading is the brainchild of five guys, Drew Day, Thomas Wood, John Osborn, Dave Aquino, and Brian Strong. Drew is the founder and president. He claims to have 16 years’ experience as a hedge fund manager and a speaker. He also claims that he has managed more than $6.5 billion worth in assets. He’s a CTA (Commodity Trading Advisor), and like him, the rest of the team looks good on the paper too.

This great-looking team allows Base Camp Trading in convincing people that they would get the value they want. Most of the victims of this scam are people who get fooled by titles and accolades. In terms of delivering results and performance, Base Camp Trading fails tremendously.

Yep, Base Camp Trading is scamming you…

This company is scamming new and seasoned traders alike by selling them useless products and a trashy membership. Their entire business model is based on scamming their customers. Their trading room doesn’t have real experts, their courses offer no value, they have contradictory information and whatnot.

I have discussed all the shady aspects of Base Camp Trading in detail in the following points:

Useless Products

Base Camp Trading is selling trash to its customers by repackaging it in multiple ways. If you’d read their landing pages, you’d be bombarded with numerous useless products. They are offering courses, trading rooms, VIP customer support, and many other things under a $7 price tag.

Memberships offered
Membership page of Base Camp Trading

If they can offer so much in $7, it really puts a question mark on the quality of their products. To top it all off, they offer a $897 course along with this membership too:

Base Camp Trading's course pop-up
Course pop-up of BaseCampTrading

They claim this course is a must-have for any trader and that’s why they are providing it FOR FREE to their members. In my opinion, it’s trash. Otherwise, when they already sell so many courses in their store, why would they keep a $900 course for free? It doesn’t make sense.

No Performance Disclosures?

The main product of Base Camp Trading is their trading room, which I’ve discussed in detail below. However, the biggest issue I faced in that room was their lack of performance disclosures. A trading room should help traders learn from others but if they can’t share their performances then there’s no way to validate their claims.

How can you trust a guy’s methods if he can’t show you the proof of his results? This is especially suspicious in trading where a person’s results matter the most.

You can’t expect traders to trust a random person’s word all the time. This fact alone makes their trading rooms useless. Their trading room only serves one purpose and that is, to fill their pockets.

The Deceiving Trading Room

Basecamptrading.com has a trading room that runs from 9 Am to 12 AM. They offer you the option to test this room with their $7 a month subscription, however it only lasts a month and they will charge you $147 for the entire month. They mainly specialize in options and futures trading so they have two day trading rooms.

Thomas Wood moderates the futures day trading room whereas Dave Aquino handles the options day trading room. The trading rooms are supposed to help traders interact with and learn from other seasoned traders. Base Camp Trading offers trading style courses, daily trade analysis with commentary, their Weekly Outlook, their private member-only chat room and a live new member orientation session.

Like I mentioned earlier, their offerings look great on paper. However, their trading room remains inactive most of the time. The main purpose of a trading room is to help traders learn new techniques but the study material is pathetic.

Even when there’s some activity present in the room, it’s not regarding trading. The moderators would talk about everything except trading. They keep bantering about random stuff, probably to SHOW people that their rooms ARE active, while in reality, they are just filled with useless nonsense.

Base Camp Trading has Zero Credibility

Dave and Thomas try to make their trading room a lot more credible than it actually is. Sometimes they would share some random trading information due to this purpose. But here’s the thing, none of the team members of Base Camp Trading hold the necessary experience or credentials to give out trading advice.

As I mentioned earlier, Base Camp Trading is a rebranded company with a few more team members than before. And there’s no way to verify the credentials or experience of the team members. Nobody knows anything about Drew or Thomas outside these companies. The only source of their career information is their own website.

So, it’s obvious that these people aren’t reliable in any sense. If they had any experience or skill to show, they wouldn’t hide it this much. Why would an expert hide their expertise? The only explanation is, they don’t know anything so they just keep spewing jargons and banter to deceive traders.

Apart from all this, the screenshots and ‘trading results’ they share in the trading rooms are of simulated accounts. How do I know this? Well, actual trading accounts show the balance or the real time summary of the trade. But the shared screenshots and images don’t reflect these pieces of information. It is suspicious and makes it highly probable that Thomas, Drew and others are only sharing fake screenshots to dupe traders.

Upselling till you leave

Base Camp Trading offers many products to its customers. The $7 subscription is just the bait. They have a store which has more than 20 indicators and 23 workshops. All of these products have different prices but that doesn’t mean they are worth purchasing. Experienced traders know how much a useless indicator can cost. A poor indicator would not only lose you the money you had spent on it, but it will also lose you the money you spend while following it.

Their indicators start from $150 and go up to $1500, which is a lot for any indicator.

Base Camp Trading has another service, private consultations. Their private consultations cost $200 per hour, and they claim it’s cheap.

I don’t think asking $200 for an hour is cheap, especially when you’re not even talking to a real expert!

As I’ve already established, the team behind Base Camp Trading has zero credibility. They don’t share real screenshots and claim to be seasoned traders. Their sole focus is on deceiving novice traders who don’t know much about this sector and cash in on their ignorance. They claim to be experts which they are not.

Hiding Every Information they can

The people behind Base Camp Trading try to hide every piece of information about them which can expose their scam. They claim on their website that they’ve been helping people for 10 years, but their website was registered in 2016 only. You can see that in the screenshot below:

False claims of Base Camp Trading
Fake claims of BaseCampTrading
Who.is details of their domain
Who.is details of BaseCampTrading

Moreover, the so-called experts of Base Camp Trading don’t show any proofs of their expertise. They simply share screenshots of simulated accounts and claim to be real traders. They are making fools out of their customers by making such claims.

Two Contradictory Websites of Base Camp Trading

Base Camp Trading has two websites. The first one is basecamptrading.com, which is the home page of their company. The other one is basecamptrading.co, which is the landing page for their membership.

Contradictory Website
Contradictory website

The homepage of their website is also the landing page for their membership program, so it’s highly suspicious as to why they have kept two different landing pages for the same product. Even the offers are the same on both websites. However, there’s a contradiction, on the first website, they claim their usual pricing is $97 a month whereas on the second website, they claim it’s $147. You can see that in the screenshots below:

Call to action on Base Camp Trading website
CTA

The image above is of their main website (basecamptrading.com). Here, you can see that they claim their usual pricing is $97. Now, below is the screenshot of their second website (basecamptrading.co):

Another CTA at their website
Contradictory pricing of BaseCampTrading

Why have such a contradiction on pricing? Plus, both of these websites are for one product. It is another indicator that Base Camp Trading is a scam, trying to loot new traders.

Don’t Fall Prey to this Scam!!!

I’ve reached the end of my Base Camp Trading review. As you can see, this company doesn’t have any credibility to be an educational platform for traders. They are selling trash and are charging thousands of dollars for them.

Their main product, which is their trading rooms, don’t have any real activity except fluff and useless banter. I strongly suggest you, the reader, to avoid Base Camp Trading at all costs.

3.1 Total Score
ELABORATE SCAM

BaseCampTrading and its red flags are obvious. The combination of fake owners and expensive prices scream scam. It's advised to stay away from them!

3.4Expert Score
3.5
3.5
2.7User's score
3.2
2.7
CONS
  • Exorbitant prices
  • Inactive trading rooms
  • Fake owners
  • Terrible products
Add your review  |  Read reviews and comments
  1. 1
    Trading Experience

BEWARE! THESE GUYS DO NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY. ONCE YOU SPEND IT ON THE WEBSITE, THERE’S NO WAY YOU’LL GET A REFUND FROM THEM. THEY TOOK $497.00 FROM ME FOR THE “ADVANCED 11-HOUR OPTIONS” AND WHEN I ASKED FOR A REFUND THEY DENIED IT.

- CONS: Refund Fraud
  2. 1.1
    Trading Experience

I wish I would have found this review before. Everything you have mentioned here is so true. I had signed up for Base Camp Trading a few months ago and at that time, there were only fake positive reviews present on the web for this company. So I believed they are amazing.
    But the trading rooms at that place are really the worst. There is literally zero activity there. I had asked 3-4 questions there but I didn’t get any response. I had no interest in their course, so the subscription was pretty useless for me. Not recommended.

- CONS: Zero activity in trading rooms A scam
    Helpful(4) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  3. I’m kinda sad to find this review. I was hoping base camp trading would be legit. It really is a bummer.

4. 1.1
    Trading Experience

Base Camp Trading needs to do something about its community. There’s nothing except silence. It gets so irritating. Some people have started using that forum to spam other people and promote their links. Maybe there was a time when Base Camp Trading was a nice place and all, but now, it’s just a disappointment.
    When I signed up on Base Camp Trading, I hoped to get a lot of value out of it. They market it as if you’ll get to learn something of value there. But in reality, Base Camp Trading is only a scam which makes people ‘think’ they are learning something good. The course was filled with useless fluff and even though I watched the entire course, I didn’t learn anything that was unique or exclusive. Anyone could learn the same stuff by watching a bunch of videos on forex trading. Remember folks, trading is all about practice and experience. The more you’ll trade, the more you’ll learn. Don’t waste your money on this nonsense. Instead, spend your money on your trading account and gain experience.

- CONS: Base camp trading is a scam, nothing else
  5. 1
    Trading Experience

I WANT A REFUND!! The consultations suck!!
    I paid $450 for a two-hour consultation but I never got the session at all. I paid for it last month and I’m yet to talk to anyone from Base Camp Trading. These people are frauds. They will take your money and run away. I’ve sent them numerous emails and have even asked about my consultation session in the forum, but they don’t do anything. The forums are worse. No one acknowledges anything you say. Plus, it’s filled with spam bots who send you links and stuff by sending you DMs. It’s all a nightmare at Base Camp Trading. One of the main reasons why I even signed up on Base Camp Trading was their forum. I thought I would get to talk with some experienced forex traders who might teach me valuable stuff. But instead, all I got was a bunch of spam bots who post various shady links on the forum and send me terrible links directly.
    The customer service of this company is terrible. I think it doesn’t even exist because no matter how many emails I send their way, they never reply. Either those people have no one working for the customer support, or they are deliberately ignoring refund requests. In either case, it’s BAD. I want my $450 back!! And I don’t want to hear any excuses any more. I have waited for weeks and still haven’t heard anything. If anyone from Base Camp is reading this review, please, issue my refund. I don’t think there are many people who even buy those expensive consultations.

- CONS: No customer support exists Terrible people Not responding to refund requests
  6. 0.75
    Trading Experience

BaseCamp Trading is STILL running?! I signed up for them last year and it didn’t take me long to realize that they are a scam. They took $150 from me at the time and within a few months, I opted out of Base Camp Trading because I realized it wasn’t worth it.
    I complained to them multiple times but they didn’t do anything. The problem was in the forum and the course was mostly fluff. Even though I requested for a refund multiple times, those thieves never processed it at all.
    I’m surprised to see that this scam is still running. Shame.

- CONS: Not worth the money
    Helpful(2) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  7. Could everyone who had a bad experience tell me what they liked about the service?

8. 1.1
    Trading Experience

I had BaseCampTrading’s subscription for 4 months, and it was the worst! Why didn’t I find this review before? These people are lying to everyone else about their forums and products. I used the forum for the entire duration I had the subscription and it was filled with bots all the time. The course was pretty boring and I wasn’t interested in the indicators. Never trust someone else to make the trades for you, that’s what I believe at least. But when I signed up with BaseCamp I thought I would get to talk to other traders and become a part of a community. I was wrong because when I got there I only found a bunch of bots spamming everyone with links to shady sites. BaseCampTrading’s owners have let their platform rot. It’s soiled.
    Either its owners have done it deliberately, or they don’t care about their customers. In any case, this is the worst place to spend your money on. NOT RECOMMENDED

- CONS: Careless ownership Forum filled with bots who post spam links to shady websites
    Helpful(2) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  9. @Terrell, I don’t think you’d hear anything positive about BaseCamp’s service from me. Their customer support is unresponsive and only responds with automated messages. These people don’t give a d*mn about their customers. I don’t think it’s okay for a company like BaseCampTrading to operate like this, remaining deaf to complaints while providing them with a faulty product.

10. @Karen401 I emailed them asking for track record and they would not provide it. Just like the other mentioned. They wouldn’t even give a free trial to see if it’s worth $7. I am glad I found this post. I will skip base camp trading.

11. 0.5
    Trading Experience

Base camp trading drew me in with the understanding that I could trade and earn money with a small account. They also sold me thousands of dollars in courses that in the end were of no value due to account size. I am currently paying for a course and asked for a refund they have refused even though I have not received anything related to this product. I learned that this operation makes trades that require a minimum of $25,000 or more in your brokerage account. This is clearly a scam. These people should be stopped from stealing the money of unsuspecting traders. I want to make this fraud public.

12. 4
    Trading Experience

I have had a positive experience with this service. I went sideways at first. I had an unrealistic expectation of the service. I have purchased a few courses, and I subscribe to the $97/month service featuring access to the trading rooms and 11 hour option trades. Once I committed to working through the course material multiple times, keeping a trading log, and asking Dave questions in the trading room, my trades became more consistent. I became more consistent when I took Dave’s advice and began focusing on truly understanding my trading approach and really learning/understanding what I am comfortable with in terms of risk/reward in my trades. Once I understood one technique and its application, it has become rinse and repeat. It has led to a slow but consistent trading approach that has worked for me. There is am necessary element of personal accountability required to grow as a trader that I don’t see represented in the other posts here. I have had no issues with customer support. I also find the trading rooms helpful. One of the best signs of trading growth I can reference is that I routinely don’t take re commended trades now because I determine they are outside of my risk/reward profile.

13. 1
    Trading Experience

This company is a scam. The way they are looting people and ripping off their customers is devastating. I had subscribed to their service for several months. I paid those guys hundreds of dollars to learn trading. But the course was too generic. It certainly wasn’t worth hundreds of dollars. The support staff was very unresponsive. It takes them weeks to respond to any user complaints. Let’s just say, all my money got wasted by signing up on basecamp. I don’t think anyone should lose hundreds of dollars by joining this scam.

14. 1.25
    Trading Experience

I trusted these guys, but now I’m just another victim of their scam. Sigh.

- CONS: Scam
  15. @Jonathan

What happened to you? What did they do to scam you?

16. @Davis

I bought the course, but it was very generic, so I asked for a refund. And I haven’t received a penny -_-

17. @Johnathan

Thanks for letting me know. I am glad I have not purchased anything yet..

If I were you I would call my bank.

18. No problem man. That’s a good idea, I’m going to try that. Hopefully I get some good news from them.

19. 0.75
    Trading Experience

11.5.2020. Charged $7 cover charge to see rates. Scam. Went in at $697 saw this review and bailed. Got refund in 2 days from Debbie of Orlando. Customer service is all over the u.s. pnit in Naples or Raleigh. Where there is smoke there is fire. Lying About 10 years and the website is created in 2016 is b.s liars. I am out. Fast refund. Try profits run weekly paycheck, 1995, takes 2 weeks or so but 78% winn rate or Proper trading out of Chicago, real traders. Dave H is there hero. Ok. He is lucky. Run.

+ PROS: No trust
    - CONS: No trust Lying about years in business Run
    Helpful(0) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this
  20. RUN

21. Gregory THANK YOU! I am glad I never signed up

22. 3.1
    Trading Experience

I have tried BCT and found it to be OK BUT not worth the the money you will end up spending with them in the long run. They hook you in with a cheap $7 trial and then a $95 monthly membership later on. You end up in a trading room with Dave or Thomas/Gary. Gary is the gentleman claims to have been an inconsistent trader turned $20K monthly trader through BCT and now is an employee there. I tried the options room with Dave. His claim to fame is an option trade that lasts about 11 hours. It’s a basic credit spread in SPX 3x week. You collect .20 to .25 cents on a spread. Suggest size is 20 contracts to collect $500. You are risking $10K to make $500. And although its a high probability trade when it goes against you, it can take a lot of money back from you. For that BCT trading will sell you a courses and indicators that can cost 100’s. They suggest you defend the CS going against you with neutrlizing the position but that can be very expensive. Dave calls out the trades up or down side based on his assumption of the market in the days ahead. I noticed that 50% of the time his called out strick could not be filled. Although his trade mark, he is not really too much interested in making sure that all of his traders there in the room wanting to get in on the trade get filled. He is somewhat casual about it. He calls out his day trades in the room. Which is not for a small trader. He makes a lot of money on these trades and can afford to lose $100’s bwcause he is day trading expensive tickers like SPX and AMZN. AMZN alone can rip $100’s in a matter of seconds from your account. HE’s trading breakout’s and most of the time you need to hold losing positions before they turn positive, if they ever do. He get’s out of them with smaller losses. So he will calls out a trade and then Now give it to the man that he teaches a lot of charting, trading knowledge. They often have a sale and offer 40% off these courses and indicators. So wait for that to buy any courses/indicators. Now they wil cosistentenly send you invites to webinars about courses. They discount those from web site. Dave although an experienced trader can be selective as to whom he answers back in the room. He has good and bad days, just saying, attitude wise. Spend long enough time the room and you will know what I mean. He often mentions huge trades he’s done, nothing a small accunt can do and I think has a selective group of people he gives priority to in the room.

Overall you can/will/maybe learn but you will have to buy indicators and courses. Get ready to spend at least $5K on them.Otherwise move on to another trading group.

BTW, their Customer service is pretty responsive.

Good luck!

+ PROS: 11-Hour Option Income Strategy
    - CONS: Make it souond too easy to make money. There courses and indicators are not desgined for an average trader.
    Helpful(0) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this