Glen Clemans

Doesn’t listen to customers

I had read a lot of great things about Glen Clemans so I was very happy when we hired him. My wife and I were very excited to work with him and we looked forward to this arrangement. However all of our expectations were shattered when we really met the guy.

Glen is a self-obsessed narcissistic fool. He doesn’t know anything about client service or customer satisfaction. I don’t know how he is in this business because we just couldn’t tolerate his poisonous behaviour.

A Little Information About Glen Clemans

I don’t want you to confuse the Glen I’m talking about with someone else. Glen Clemans is a Founding Partner of CGC Financial Services and is a Financial Planner. He has more than 30 years of experience and I believe he is grown too old. Many publications have named him in their lists of the Top Financial Advisors. As I had read his name on one of those lists, I believed he would be perfect for our financial requirements.

I wouldn’t have wasted my money on CGC Financial Services and Glen Clemans if I had known how terrible his behaviour is. When I had contacted Glen’s company to hire him as my wealth advisor, I had very high expectations.

I was even paying them extra because Glen is among the most expensive financial advisors out there. However, when I hired him and his company, I found out just how terrible he is.

Whenever we would request to meet with him he would send a subordinate in his place. It happened multiple times, not just once, multiple times. The subordinate usually didn’t know much about our account or requirements too.

It was very frustrating to explain minor details to them. We hired Glen, not the newbies he was sending to us.

Do you know when did we get to meet him? We got to meet the financial advisor we were paying for, when we expressed our anger to his company. We told them explicitly that we didn’t want to do business with them if the guy we were paying for doesn’t even have the time to meet us. Their rep was very apologetic and promised us that Glen would meet with us.

But I must point out, that meeting was more disappointing than the previous arrangement.

Glen had no idea who he was meeting. He didn’t know any specific details about our account and it seemed like he hadn’t done any research too. My wife wanted me to fire Glen and his company right at the start when they sent associates instead of Glen.

But for some reason I did not want to fire them this quickly; I thought they had more to offer. Obviously she was right and I was wrong.

Glen had arrived with an associate who did most of the talking. Glen was just there for show. He didn’t say much and whenever he opened his mouth, he showed us how little he knew about us. He didn’t know anything about the investments we had made with them and what our future plans were. I must mention that his team had advised us to make several investments and we were complying with them so far. They were supposed to be aware of our future plans too because we had met with his sent associates multiple times.

But Glen had no idea what our future plans were or what investments we had made. Even the associate they had sent with him had very little knowledge of our account.

He got all defensive and started scolding the associate who had arrived with him. She was petrified because and we saw how he was trying to shift the blame on her. I told Glen that it was his fault, not her. But he didn’t react very professionally to that. He started saying nonsense and told me, “You don’t know what you’re talking about, let me talk here”.

I can’t express the tone he said it in. He left our place straight then and we knew he was going to blame the girl for everything.

His company contacted me and my wife multiple times later. We told them that we were very disappointed with the kind of services they provided us and we won’t do business with them. They still call us regularly in the hopes that we would get their services. I don’t think, however, that they would have improved anything.

The way Glen reacted to our complaints made me realise what a terrible mistake I had made by hiring them. If Glen was really that professional as he claims to be, then he wouldn’t have reacted that way.

I haven’t heard of any financial advisor who doesn’t know a thing about his customers.

Glen Clemans is A Terrible Professional

Glen is too careless to be a financial planner. I have never seen such a professional who knows nothing about his client. He was never available to meet in the first place and would always send a subordinate at his place.

In my opinion, he is a lazy guy who doesn’t want to work. Either that, or he doesn’t care about his customers at all. No matter what the reason may be, Glen is surely not a reliable professional.

He blames others for his mistakes and is too egoistical. I made a terrible mistake by hiring him.

4.7 Total Score
An Egoist Narcissist

Glen doesn't remember anything about his customers and doesn't have time to talk to them. He thinks he is above everyone else. Not Recommended at all!

3Expert Score
6.3User's score
6.2
6.5
6.2
6.5
CONS
  • Doesn't listen to customers
  • Doesn't attend meetings
Add your review  |  Read reviews and comments
  1. I have known Glen for over 20 years as both a friend and as my financial advisor. I recommend him without hesitation. His work ethic, knowledge and concern for his customers is excellent. The negative reviews I am seeing are without merit and do not reflect the Glen that I know and trust with the management of my personal assets.

2. Glen has served our family for over 25 years as a trusted friend and financial advisor.

Glen is an honest, reliable and experienced professional who has insured our financial security,

our boys college funding and our long term retirement goals.

Glen continues to be our go to person for advice and remains a wonderful and loyal friend.

3. 1.1
    Experience

I smell something fishy in the comments of this financial advisor. Look at the 5-star reviews. Two of them appear to be from the same person.

I suspect that it’s the company, CGC Financial, posing as a client to improve their rating here. Otherwise, why would the same person write two separate reviews on one page? It doesn’t make sense.

If what I suspect is true, then shame on your CGC Financial, because you are literally trying to deceive people online.

4. 0.5
    Experience

This isn’t the first time Mr. Glen Clemans has gotten in trouble for providing less than acceptable service to clients.

Take a look at the FINRA listing of Glen Clemans aka Glen Allen Clemans:

The $129,030 Customer Dispute

In 2005, Glen was sued for $129k by a client who alleged Glen breached their contract.

The case was later settled for $30k.

Glen claims the case was settled merely for avoiding litigation fees, however, there are no reasons to believe that statement, as the settlement amount was still $30,000. That is not a small amount in any way, and I find it hard to believe that the case was settled only to avoid further litigation fees.

Glen provides his services through Royal Alliance Associates Inc, a company popular for its horrible customer treatment and employee management. Investor.com has rated Royal Alliance Associates 2.5/5.

They also use deceptive marketing tactics to take information from people. These include sending misleading emails to people with titles like “Account Update”, and asking them to fill forms, while the victim isn’t even a customer of the company.

They have an “F” rating on BBB.

Is Glen Clemans worth it?
    I would let you make your own judgments.

- CONS: Dishonest Rated F Uses Deceptive Marketing To Mislead Clients Gives Horrible Customer Service
  5. 5
    Experience

Please do not take the negative comments about Glen serioiusly. Glen’s reputation and his business have received accolades from business journals and financial publications. He has and continues run a successful business with an incredible team.

+ PROS: Smartest, most trustworthy, knowledgeable financial planner in all of Oregon. We've been working with Glen for almost 25 years. Our financial future is secure due to his stellar management of our portfolio. The slanderous comments made by this website are completely false and not to be trusted.
    - CONS: Glen has no shortcomings - he is honest, has incredible integrity and cares deeply for his clients.
  6. 5
    Experience

I have known Glen Clemans for over 15 years, and have used him as my financial advisor for many years.

A Little Information About Glen Clemans

I don’t want you to confuse the Glen I’m talking about with someone else. Glen Clemans is a Founding Partner of CGC Financial Services and is a Financial Planner. He has more than 30 years of experience and is one of the smartest people I know. His financial acumen is second to none. Many publications have named him in their lists of the Top Financial Advisors, and rightly so. I have found his integrity to be beyond reproach. His attention to details impeccable.

I have and will continue to recommend CGC Financial Services and Glen Clemans to all my family and friends. Our first meeting at his office exceeded all of our expectations. We had provided all of our financial information to Glen ahead of time for analysis. The meeting was a couple of hours and was very in-depth and informative. He covered a history of how finances have changed over the years, current trends in the market, and good retirement practices. What came next was the piece de resistance, a complete, detailed, custom analysis of our financial situation. This report is done initially and then every few years to ensure your plan is on track. It included our current assets and liabilities, 401K, IRA, bank account balances, potential social security payments, everything adjusted for inflation, interest rate forecasting, probability scoring of the plan success using forecasting models, etc.

Over the many years I have trusted our retirement assets with Glen, I have never had any difficulties contacting him. He is easy to get ahold of, and returns emails and voicemails as promptly as can be expected. I have met with other teammates (Davena) from his office. Glen has always given me notice prior to not being able to attend a meeting, and follows up with the advisor and myself to see if there are any questions. I am quite comfortable meeting with other advisors in his firm because I know he has reviewed all of the materials ahead of time. Davena knew just as much, if not more, about my financial situation than I did. I have read other reviews about Glen online and to say “he sat there for show while another associate talked” is far from reality. Meetings with his firm are typically handled by Glen himself, or a very knowledgeable, member of the team.

I have been with Glen long enough to know my finances are being well looked after. Glen takes the time to analyze the market and predict what is going to happen. On several occasions he has moved my funds to more conservative investments due to market indicators. This has saved my thousands of dollars. While other people’s investments were crashing around elections and covid, I could sleep easy knowing that Glen and his team had my financial future in mind. I have other retirement accounts through my work in which Glen and CGC do not make a dime. He didn’t even blink an eye when I asked him to review the options and make recommendations that fit my retirement goals.

Glen Clemans is an Impeccable Professional

Glen is an outstanding financial planner. He works harder and is more knowledgeable than anyone I have ever met. In spite of the harshest weather conditions Oregon can dish out, Glen is at work taking care of his clients. If there were 3 feet of snow, Glen would put on the snowshoes and hoof it work. That is the kind of dedication, the Glen I know, puts forth towards his clients. I couldn’t be happier with the services Glen and his team have shown my wife and I over the years. I look forward to working with them well into the future, and fully endorse their business.

7. 5
    Experience

+ PROS: Attention to detail knowledge Integrity Dedication
    - CONS: None
    Helpful(0) Unhelpful(1)You have already voted this
  8. 5
    Experience

I’ve used Glen for over 15 years and I’ve never experienced anything like this. Glen and is staff are professional and attentive.

9. 0.85
    Experience

Glen never attends any meetings. I have worked with CGC Financial Services and I can vouch for that. He is too lazy to handle clients and arrives late to office. He takes credit from other people and appears like the ‘right guy’ all the time because of that.
    I no longer work there. But when I did, I remember Glen coming to the office in the afternoon on weekdays. He would miss appointments and send someone else instead. Many clients would get mad because of it.
    One time, he sent two subordinates instead of going himself to one of our most prestigious clients and that client got so mad that he threatened to fire us that day. But other partners and higher-level executives ensured that the client didn’t get too mad. Glen no longer cares about his customers.

- CONS: Doesn't care about customers Lazy
    Helpful(1) Unhelpful(0)You have already voted this