After watching the announcement video from Matt D’Avella on YouTube. I literally ran to my laptop and went to the slowgrowth.com (which is the website for the Slow Growth Academy) to buy whatever course he was selling.
I’ve been a big fan of Matt D’Avella for YEARS now. He has helped me turn my life around, but unfortunately the Slow Growth Academy product that he is selling on the website is not really good. Please hear me out before you start bashing me for criticizing Matt.
Who is Matt D’Avella (In case you don’t know)
I only included this heading for the 1% of you who don’t know who Matt D’Avella is. For the rest of 99%, you guys can simply skip this section.
Basically, Matt is a self-help Youtuber who makes videos based on a variety of topics. His YT channel is full of helpful content. He is also a filmmaker & podcaster.
Similar Report: Daily Fitness Academy
According to his Twitter handle, he wants to get Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson on his podcast, but honestly, that’s not happening.
His career took off when he released a documentary on minimalism called “Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things”. He has more than 2.84 MILLION subscribers on YouTube, so it would be an understatement to say that he is a very influential person.
He also has a patreon where 1,271 people are sponsoring him. Doing some basic calculations, we can easily say he earns more than $8,000 every month just from his patreon. Not only that but his channel’s total views are more than 176 million. So he is definitely making big bucks, and you know, more power to him I guess. But I had high expectations from him with this course and it turned out to be very underwhelming.
Why Slow Growth Academy is NOT worth the money
I binged the whole Simple Habits course, took notes and analyzed them before writing this. The most fascinating thing I found out was the lack of any new content in the whole course. Everything that Matt teaches in the Simple Habits course, has already been covered properly on either his on YouTube channel or by other YouTubers in the same niche (like Captain Sinbad & Nathaniel Drew). By the way, both of them are excellent YouTubers, you should check them out if you like what Matt D’avella does at his channel.
The course is put together very well, Matt has surely spent a lot of money and time in making sure the course “looks” good. But the actual content, which is supposed to help you change your life, is done and dusted.
Learn more about: Bill Grous
Another point which I would like to mention is the over-hype Matt did for this project. I wouldn’t have probably sat down to write a Slow Growth Academy review like this, if Matt hadn’t gotten me and all of his OG fans so hyped for this one. I was really looking forward to it. After I saw his Instagram post last week, I was literally just waiting for an update. My friends and I had bets on what would be the announcement. And after hyping the announcement like this, I did NOT expect him to deliver such a bad product.
if you are expecting even an ounce of quality knowledge from the course website, then please don’t waste your money. YOU CAN DEFINITELY BUY it SOLELY FOR SUPPORTING MATT, BUT
Now, I don’t know much about the physical products which he is selling on the website because I haven’t simply bought them. Actually even if I had bought them, they would have taken weeks to come at my place. I really like the poster which he has for sale, so I’m probably going to buy it by the way.
The Alternatives to Slowgrowth.com (Slow Growth Academy)
An obvious and better alternative is just to watch the videos from Matt D’avella, Captain Sinbad, Better Ideas & Nathaniel Drew. I’ll leave a link at the end of the post so you guys can check them out. You obviously know who Matt is, but some of the other guys are very underrated and they have amazing content to say the least.
If you want a more focused and knuckle-dragger way to improve your life, then Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins is probably the best book ever for this.
Slow Growth Academy Review Conclusion
Overall, avoid this course. We all love Matt, but he is just ripping people off with this $145 product.
I would advise against spending money on this course. All the information presented has already been well documented by Matt himself on his YT channel. And for a more organized way, there are much better and cheaper alternatives like David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me.
You may be interested in: VSource
I would love to know what everyone else thinks of the course. So drop down a comment down below and let everyone know your thoughts.
Do you think Matt did a good job with the Slow Growth Academy? Is it just a way for Matt to make money off his fans in a more explicit way?
The Slow Growth Academy is a big disappointment from Matt D'Avella. I hate to say this, but it's not worth the price. He is mainly trying to monetize his fans with this venture.
- Made for monetizing Matt's fans