Dr. Tonya Stephenson – Horrible Service and Skills Exposed (New Update 2023)
Dr. Tonya Stephenson is a neurologist in Venice, Florida, affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Venice Regional Bayfront Hospital and Englewood Community Hospital.
However, despite her high-class background, she has received numerous complaints from her patients. The patient claims that she is frequently rude to people and that it is not worth taking time out of her schedule to see her.
She has a specialization in Neurodegenerative Disorders, Sleep Disorders, and Epilepsy. She is associated with Shorepoint Health Venice. She received her medical degree from The University of Texas Health Science Centre in San Antonio and has practiced for over 20 years.
Dr. Tonya Stephenson’s Specialties
Do You Know?
Neurology is the science to study the nervous system, associated nerves and the related diseases. Where, nervous system is a complex system that regulates the proper coordination of body functions.
Neurologists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, muscles, and the involuntary nervous system, which regulates the heart, lungs, and other organs. She specializes in treating headaches, strokes, dementia, seizures, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, sleep problems, and neuromuscular diseases.
What do patients say about Dr. Tonya Stephenson?
The rudeness of Dr. Tonya Stephenson
- A patient who had an appointment with Dr. Tonya Stephenson stated that the appointment was very rushed. She didn’t feel heard at all. She had a brain injury and was urged to push through her symptoms because “your head won’t fall off.” She was also given medication with no follow-up. Dr. Tonya reacted rudely to the medications.
- A patient who visited Dr. Stephenson stated that she was insulting and that taking time out of her schedule was not worth seeing her. When the patient came to see Dr. Tonya, she behaved rudely and said she had a horrible day. So she just threw her frustration on the patient. The patient also said she would recommend something other than Dr. Tonya Stephenson to anyone.
Dr. Tonya Stephenson’s Association With Shorepoint Medical Group
Dr. Tonya Stephenson is also affiliated with Shorepoint Medical Group. It offers primary care and specialist healthcare services, including onsite lab and imaging at several facilities. Some providers offer online scheduling and telehealth services; same-day and next-day appointments are frequently available. Most insurance plans, including Medicare, are accepted.
Shorepoint Medical Group is part of a regional healthcare network that includes three hospitals, an ambulatory surgical center, a freestanding emergency department, and other facilities. The Shorepoint network spans four counties and includes the following hospital locations:
- Shorepoint Health Port Charlotte
- Shorepoint Health Punta Gorda
- Shorepoint Health Venice
The Shorepoint Medical Group offers the following services to patients:
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care
Reviews on Dr. Tonya Stephenson Affiliated Shorepoint Medical Group:
- According to a former Shorepoint employee, there is no leadership or accountability. The hospital does not have enough employees. They foster a harsh work environment with no sense of togetherness. Most people are only there for a paycheck.
- According to one employee, management is terrible. Understaffed all the time, sometimes on purpose. They would send staff home even if it meant we became understaffed instead of allowing staff to stay and making us somewhat overstaffed. If 7-8 patient/nurse assignments are questioned, the person faces job loss or disciplinary action.
- A patient complained and said it was the worst ER ever! No one knows anything. The medical team is very disrespectful to patients
- A nurse revealed Shorepoint Medical Group’s truth. According to the nurse, it is an unsafe environment for everyone. The equipment is broken, and the management needs to be more apathetic. She said it was always dangerous for her future work because she faced daily risks. She also said that she only sometimes had time for lunch. They are more concerned with the whiteboards in the patient rooms than with the staffing ratio and the safety and well-being of their patients. The culture must shift. They are willing to recruit travel nurses instead of paying their nurses what they are worth.
Dr. Tonya Stephenson is a neurologist in Venice, Florida, affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Venice Regional Bayfront Hospital, Englewood Community Hospital, and Shorepoint Medical Group. After reviewing all of the patient’s complaints, it is apparent that Dr. Tonya often treats them rudely.
However, Dr. has hidden other patients’ complaints and reviews by posting false 5-star reviews stating the same thing. Before scheduling appointments with Dr. Tonya Stephenson, people should consider how she has treated previous patients.
Based on the patient reviews, it’s clear that Dr. Tonya Stephenson is not as reliable as she claims to be. She has received too many complaints and so, she is not trustworthy.